TenMarks - Free Summer Math Program makes learning fun! Sign your child up today. Download our information flyer here or visit the site at https://www.tenmarks.com/consumer/signup
Athletic Physicals - Forms available at Vbschools.com - http://www.vbschools.com/calendar/athletic/pdfs/ms_form.pdf
- Thursday, August 27th
- Girls – 5 p.m.
- Boys – 5:30 p.m.
- $20 Cash only
- Located in the gym
Every student must have the (Revised 4/13) VBCPS physical on file in the Student Activities Office in order to tryout for an athletic team or be involved with the intramural
- Monday, Aug. 31st – All grade levels
- Tuesday, Sept. 1st – All grade levels
- Wednesday, Sept. 2nd – call backs
Cheerleading Practice Begins:
- Monday, Aug. 31st – Friday, Sept. 4th
- Wear comfortable attire & bring a water bottle
One Act Play:
- Friday, Sept. 11th in the auditorium
- Tryouts begin Monday, August 31st – Friday, Sept. 4th
- Meet in Large gym on first day
- Wear shorts, t-shirt, crew socks & cleats/sneakers,
- Tryouts Monday, August 31st – Thursday, Sept. 3rd (all grade levels)
- Friday, Sept. 4th – tryouts if needed
Fall Activities and events
Fall School /Yearbook Pictures:
- Yearbook Picture Day is Thursday, September 17th during PE classes
- Arrangements will be made for PE OPT Out students
- Yearbooks may be ordered online at http://www.jostens.com/yearbooks/high-school-yearbooks.html
PTA Open House
- Wednesday, Sept. 2nd at 6 p.m., Auditorium
Back to School Dance:
- Friday, September 25th from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Tickets will be sold Tues. – Thursday of that week
Clubs & Activities:
- A brochure will be sent home the first day of school
Please visit The Zone for the latest activity information.Sign up to get text messages about KMS sporting events.
In the News
Yearbooks may be ordered online at: http://www.jostens.com/yearbooks/high-school-yearbooks.htm
NJHS: There will be an NJHS meeting on Tuesday, January 24th at 8:30 a.m. in the Library. Those who are unable to attend the Tuesday meeting should attend the make-up meeting on Monday, January 23rd at 1:30 p.m. See Mrs. Yeager for a pass to attend the make-up meeting.
Brave Buddy: Do you have a kind heart? Do you enjoy helping others? Do you like to play games? If so, being a Brave Buddy volunteer is for you! This club will meet every Tuesday for six weeks starting on February 14th. A volunteer application can be picked up outside of the Student Activities Office. See Mrs. Fuller for more information.
Program Contest: The Norfolk Tides are hosting a program and media cover contest. The winning designer will receive cash, throw out the ceremonial first pitch, have their design on the program, and will receive dinner at the park! Entries are due by March 3rd to the Norfolk Tides. More detailed information may be found outside the Student Activities Office.
Yearbook: Those who want to purchase a yearbook should go to Jostens.com to order. You can add your name, symbols, and other personalization to the cover. All pre-order sales are online and final.
Leadership Workshop: Ocean Lakes High School is sponsoring a Leadership Workshop on February 4th. Applications may be picked up in the Student Activities Office. All forms and money must be returned to Mrs. Makowski by this Friday, January 20th.
ODC: Students interested in applying to Old Donation School next school year for academics or dance should apply online. An information sheet may be picked up outside Mrs. Yeager's room. All applications are due by February 1st. See Mrs. Yeager in Room 130 with any questions.
Gifted Art Program: Students interested in applying to the Gifted Art Program at VB Middle should pick up and information sheet outside of Mrs. Yeager's room. All applications are due by February 1st. See Mrs. Yeager in Room 130 with any questions.
Music and Club Pictures: Music and Club pictures will be taken on Friday, January 27th. Students should see their teacher or club sponsor to get a picture day pass and to find out what time they should report to the Auditorium.
Winter II Sports: Those interested in trying out for Volleyball, Wrestling or the Debate Team should stop by the Student Activities Office to pick up an informational flyer. Tryouts will be held on Monday, January 30th. All athletes must have a MSL physical form on file with Mrs. Makowski in order to tryout.