TenMarks - Free Summer Math Program makes learning fun! Sign your child up today. Download our information flyer here or visit the site at https://www.tenmarks.com/consumer/signup
Athletic Physicals - Forms available at Vbschools.com - http://www.vbschools.com/calendar/athletic/pdfs/ms_form.pdf
- Thursday, August 27th
- Girls – 5 p.m.
- Boys – 5:30 p.m.
- $20 Cash only
- Located in the gym
Every student must have the (Revised 4/13) VBCPS physical on file in the Student Activities Office in order to tryout for an athletic team or be involved with the intramural
- Monday, Aug. 31st – All grade levels
- Tuesday, Sept. 1st – All grade levels
- Wednesday, Sept. 2nd – call backs
Cheerleading Practice Begins:
- Monday, Aug. 31st – Friday, Sept. 4th
- Wear comfortable attire & bring a water bottle
One Act Play:
- Friday, Sept. 11th in the auditorium
- Tryouts begin Monday, August 31st – Friday, Sept. 4th
- Meet in Large gym on first day
- Wear shorts, t-shirt, crew socks & cleats/sneakers,
- Tryouts Monday, August 31st – Thursday, Sept. 3rd (all grade levels)
- Friday, Sept. 4th – tryouts if needed
Fall Activities and events
Fall School /Yearbook Pictures:
- Yearbook Picture Day is Thursday, September 17th during PE classes
- Arrangements will be made for PE OPT Out students
- Yearbooks may be ordered online at http://www.jostens.com/yearbooks/high-school-yearbooks.html
PTA Open House
- Wednesday, Sept. 2nd at 6 p.m., Auditorium
Back to School Dance:
- Friday, September 25th from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Tickets will be sold Tues. – Thursday of that week
Clubs & Activities:
- A brochure will be sent home the first day of school
Please visit The Zone for the latest activity information.Sign up to get text messages about KMS sporting events.
In the News
Yearbooks may be ordered online at: http://www.jostens.com/yearbooks/high-school-yearbooks.h
NJHS: Students who applied to NJHS will find out about who was selected after spring break. See Mrs. Yeager in Room 130.
NJHS Officers: NJHS officers will meet today during lunch in Room 130. Students should get their officer lunch pass from their first block teacher.
Kids on the Move Drive: The KMS SCA is sponsoring the Kids on the Move Drive. Items such as coloring books, markers, bubbles, mini white board/markers, travel size games, side-walk chalk, etc. are being requested for donation. The items are being collected to make bags for children who have to leave their homes when being placed into foster homes. Please consider donating items to help make these children happy during hard times.
Music in our Schools Week: This is Music in our Schools Week. Each day we will tell you about a different instrument. Today is the double bass. The double bass, also known as the upright bass or string bass, is the lowest-pitched instrument in the string orchestra. Not many play this instrument due to the cost, size, and transportation of the instrument. The price for an inexpensive bass would cost you about $2,000.
Baseball Tryouts: Baseball tryouts will be for 8th graders only today. Students who did not attend the pre-season meeting and plan to tryout should see Mr. McDowell in Room 142. All students must have a physical on file with Student Activities prior to tryouts.
Book Fair: The KMS PTA Spring Book Fair is being held in the KMS Library this week. The Book Fair and the Library will be open every day during the week.